Jersey City Drug Crime Defense Attorney
America’s “war on drugs” means that drug crimes are harshly punished and can potentially impact a person for the rest of their life. In New Jersey, drug-related convictions can yield substantial fines and significant jail time. Turning your life around after a conviction can be almost impossible once a drug crime hurts your personal and professional reputation and gives you a criminal record.
Have you been charged with a drug offense in Jersey City? You need a defense lawyer who has your back. At William Proetta Criminal Law, our Jersey City drug crime defense lawyers understand what’s on the line. Don’t wait to get the legal help you need to fight for your rights.
Contact our office immediately, and talk to our Jersey City drug defense attorneys about how we can help you fight for your future. The consultation is free and completely confidential.
Why You Need Our Law Firm When Facing Drug Charges in Jersey City, NJ
After being arrested and charged with a drug crime in Jersey City, your first call should be to the criminal defense law firm of William Proetta Criminal Law. Our defense attorney has assisted numerous people facing drug charges in Jersey City and throughout the surrounding areas of New Jersey. Having our experienced attorney on your side could make the difference in your case.
Here are some key factors to evaluate when selecting the right Jersey City drug crime defense attorney:
- Experience – At William Proetta Criminal Law, our legal team has helped thousands of individuals facing criminal charges in New Jersey. We have developed a strong track record of successfully defending people facing drug-related charges in Jersey City and beyond. We are prepared to deliver the experienced legal advice and personal support you need at this difficult time.
- Solid reputation – William Proetta and his team of legal professionals have earned a reputation in New Jersey for our devoted efforts to fight for our clients’ best interests. We are known for the positive outcomes we have achieved through our dauntless efforts on behalf of individuals facing criminal charges. We understand the unique aspects of the local court systems, and we know the prosecutors and judges who handle the cases.
- Personal attention – At William Proetta Criminal Law, we treat our clients as individuals, not just another case. You can rely on us to deliver the personalized attention you need during this challenging time in your life. We aim to help you understand your legal options in your unique situation and help you select the best path toward an optimal outcome.
- Committed to seeking justice – You can rely on William Proetta and his team to relentlessly pursue justice for you. We are ready to fight for your future during negotiations and in court. We know what a conviction on drug charges could mean for your life, and we will do everything in our power to pursue your best interests. We will fight to have the charges against you reduced or dropped. If a plea deal is your best option, we will negotiate for the best terms. If your case needs to go to trial, you can be sure that we will be fully prepared to stand up for your interests in the courtroom.
What Drugs Are Illegal in Jersey City, NJ?
Drug policy is shifting in New Jersey, thanks partly to legislation legalizing cannabis use and possession for adults 21 and over. The New Jersey Cannabis Regulatory, Enforcement Assistance, and Marketplace Modernization Act legalized marijuana use and decriminalized marijuana and hashish possession.
New Jersey has an extensive list of drugs it considers controlled substances.
Some examples of the most common illegal drugs in the state include:
Possessing or distributing these and similar substances is illegal and can have significant repercussions.
What Are Common Types of Criminal Charges Associated with Drugs?
There are numerous drug charges an individual could face in Jersey City. Some of the common types of criminal charges associated with drugs include those for:
- Drug possession
- Drug distribution
- Drug paraphernalia possession
- Possessing, distributing, or selling drugs in a school zone
- Drug trafficking
Each offense carries unique criminal penalties depending on the circumstances of the case. If you are facing any drug charge, it is vital you consult with our experienced drug crime defense attorney as soon as possible.
Are Drug Offenses Federal or State Crimes in Jersey City, NJ?
Both state and federal laws make possessing, distributing, and trafficking drugs illegal. Depending on the nature of the crime, you could face state or federal charges related to a criminal drug offense. Individuals accused of crossing state lines or suspected of running large-scale drug distribution rings may face federal charges and significantly more severe penalties.
Why Do I Need a Drug Crime Defense Lawyer for My Case in Jersey City, NJ?
Being convicted of a drug-related offense in Jersey City can change your life, leaving you with a criminal record and hampering your ability to find employment, housing, and educational opportunities. Law enforcement is not on your side, so before you say anything, ask to speak to a drug crimes defense lawyer.
At William Proetta Criminal Law, our tenacious criminal defense team stands ready to represent you, fighting to protect your rights and reputation. Our legal team is prepared to respond quickly, investigating the charges against you and analyzing the evidence. We’ll use every tactic available to craft a compelling defense strategy that offers you the best chance at a favorable outcome to your situation.
Potential Defenses for a Drug Charge in Jersey City, NJ
Building a defense strategy means carefully examining the evidence of your case and the legal procedures used to secure your arrest. At the law office of William Proetta Criminal Law, our experienced criminal defense lawyer doesn’t rely on cookie-cutter defense tactics. Our drug crime defense lawyers personalize our legal representation based on the facts of your case.
A few examples of common defense strategies to criminal offenses that may apply to your case could include:
- Arguing you were the victim of an illegal search
- Showing the drugs were not technically in your possession
- Arguing evidence was obtained through illegal means
- Contesting the validity of your drug test results
We ask the tough questions and will work with you to craft a tailored defense plan based on the unique circumstances of your situation to seek the best possible outcome to your criminal case.
Get Help from Our Jersey City Drug Crime Defense Law Firm Now
Your freedom is on the line. Don’t attempt to navigate the strict New Jersey criminal justice system alone. The Jersey City drug charge defense lawyers at William Proetta Criminal Law have an outstanding record of helping people like you pursue justice.
For a free and completely confidential consultation with our experienced criminal defense attorney, contact us immediately. Get your free initial consultation now.