Disorderly Persons Expungement Attorney in Union County

Expunging Disorderly Persons Offense Conviction in New Jersey

A disorderly persons offense is equivalent to a misdemeanor here in New Jersey. These offenses are not as serious as an indictable crime, but a conviction will still result in a permanent criminal record. Common New Jersey disorderly persons offenses include Marijuana PossessionSimple AssaultShopliftingDisorderly ConductHarassment and Trespassing. Getting these records expunged and erased saves you from having to disclose your arrest and past conviction to potential employers and others. However, an expungement can be a long difficult and often complicated process that normally takes the help of an experienced lawyer. At William Proetta Criminal Law we are dedicated to providing our clients with all facets of criminal and municipal court defense including the expungement of past convictions. Our firm will review your record and charges to ensure your eligibility, gather and organize all the documentation from the past offenses, and file petitions with the court and necessary organizations for a smooth and thorough expungement of all records. We represent clients for expungement proceedings throughout New Jersey including Union County, Hudson County, Middlesex County and Monmouth County. If you would like to learn more information about your eligibility for an expungement and our pricing, contact us today at (908) 838-0150 for a free consultation with an experienced attorney.

Expungement of NJ Misdemeanor Convictions

Normally, all convictions for disorderly persons offense or a petty disorderly persons offense can be expunged. According to 2C:52-3 you can get a disorderly persons offense conviction expunged under the laws of New Jersey as long as you have never been convicted of any prior or subsequent crime (indictable offense), whether within this State or any other jurisdiction. In New Jersey an individual can get up three disorderly persons or petty disorderly persons offenses expunged – if your record consists of more than three disorderly persons offense convictions then you are ineligible. Moreover, the law requires that a person cannot be granted an expungement of a disorderly persons offense until at least a period of 5 years has expired from the date of his conviction, payment of fine, completion of probation or release from incarceration, whichever is later. If this period of time has been satisfied, our law firm can file a duly verified petition for expungement to the Superior Court in the county in which the conviction was entered a make a motion that such conviction and all records and information pertaining to it be expunged.

Chances are your criminal record has already given you problems securing employment or even getting in the school of your choice. If you are interested in taking the necessary steps to rid yourself of your criminal record, then contact our office today at (908) 838-0150 for a free consultation with an experienced lawyer who can answer questions and address your concerns.