Expunge Record of Arrest in Union County

Expungement of Arrest Record in Union County, New Jersey

When you are arrested, the State of New Jersey brings official complaints against you as part of their prosecution, which can include indictable crimes, disorderly persons offenses, or even a municipal ordinance. After an arrest, your charges will be sent to the court for trial. Not every arrest leads to a conviction, in fact a large portion of individuals have the charges eventually dismissed or even dropped at the completion of a supervisory program such as a Conditional Discharge or Pre-Trial Intervention. However, a record of the arrest, charges, paperwork and court proceedings still exist in the public records and will show up on a background check. Therefore, when an employer, school, or government agency conducts a background search your arrest record can raise eyebrows and set up potential roadblocks. William Proetta Criminal Law is a criminal law firm that handles all aspects of criminal and municipal court defense including the expungement of past arrests. We expunge offenses throughout New Jersey including Union County, Middlesex County, Hudson County, and Monmouth County. Contact us today at (908) 838-0150 for a free consultation with an experienced expungement lawyer who can answer any of your concerns regarding a possible expungement of your records.

How Can I Expunge the Record of My Arrest?

In New Jersey, every year thousands of people get arrested or charged with a crime, disorderly persons offense, or municipal ordinance violation that subsequently results in the charges being dismissed, acquitted, or discharged without a conviction. This arrest will stay on your record permanently for the rest of your life unless you do something about it. Expunging a record of your arrest can often be quicker and more straightforward then an expungement of an ordinancedisorderly persons offense expungement or trying to expunge an indictable conviction. However, expunging your record can still be extremely complicated and difficult if you do not understand the court system. An experienced expungement attorney can gather your information and file a duly verified petition to the Superior Court in the county in which the disposition occurred at any time following the dismissal of charges. But, if your charges were dismissed as part of your completion of a diversion program, then you have to wait an additional 6 months after the completion in order to file and be granted an expungement. Furthermore, if the person received the dismissal, discharge, or acquittal because court determined that the person was insane or lacked the mental capacity to commit the crime they were charged with then they are not eligible to get the arrest and court records expunged.

An arrest record, especially charges that did not result in a conviction, should not have to follow you around for the rest of your life. William Proetta Criminal Law can expunge your arrest and help you move on with your life. Contact us today at (908) 838-0150 for a free consultation where we can explain the steps of your expungement